Boil and bubble toil and trouble.
Monday, August 31, 2015
Today we finished up stations. Dempsey and I also began setup for a future lab. After measurement, we talk about the scientific method and students will design their own experiment to test the growth conditions of algae. Specifically, Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. This sample was donated by James Umen at Danforth Plant Science Center.
Friday, August 28, 2015
We will finish up stations on Monday. Here are a couple from today.
As part of a foundation grant Dempsey and I bought a vinyl cutter. I wonder what kids will make?
Thursday, August 27, 2015
Wednesday, August 26, 2015
We will be working on some measuring stations for the next several days. I have set six different stations out where students have to use the tools of measurement that we will be using for the rest of the year.
Fun with volume.
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
There is a great deal of talent in team Journey this year. Here are some students posters. We also previewed some stations that we will work through Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. More on those tomorrow.
No horsing around.
Friday, August 21, 2015
We had a bunch of house keeping items to take care of today. Calendars, learner profile cards, grading systems, Google classroom and old fashioned name tags.
My portion of the learner profile card is left brain right brain.
They take a quiz and then score it to see where they fall.
Name tags were the name of the game.
We also joined Google classroom.
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
Tuesday, August 18, 2015
Day two I put a bunch of questions on the projector. Students had to interview each other. Then report back to the class about what they found out about their partner.
I am enjoying the flexibility of recording information. Some are using phones, some chrome books and some paper pencil. I am so pumped for the year.